Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Well, It has indeed been a long time with no posts. This is due to a few things. One, we now have a very active 4 year old who is involved in Soccer and is about to be in Kindergarten. With all of that, 2012 into 2013 was rough. Uncle B got a divorce. With that said, it has turned this whole family upside down and sideways to say the least. I am glad I wasn't blogging during that time or this post would have turned into a huge venting tool which would have gotten me off the main focus of this blog and why I started it to begin with. It started off with me having trouble getting pregnant, and now is an EMMY blog! YAY! There are probably many accomplishments and milestones I have left out, but I did want to touch base on her Tummy Mommy. In the last year, year and a half she has left Moe, started dating her boss and got pregnant. She now has a little girl named Kaylee and I think Kaylee is now around 1'ish. In fact Katherine is now engaged. This man seems very nice and he is much older, which I think is a good thing. I have watched her blossom over the past year into a mature young mother. Her two oldest kids seem much much happier. I think she is happier having a new baby as well. Of course this baby did not take Emmy's place at all! But I think it helped Katherine to move forward and stop dwelling so much about negative aspects of her past. She is very content in seeing Emmy grow up on the social media Facebook. Even though she doesn't seem as involved with Emmy, I think there is a moment that she has realized that Emmy needs to be focused in one direction right now at such a young age. I know that dwelling on a child she has given up for adoption does nothing but keep her from progressing and having a happy life, in which she deserves. Even though they do not have a lot, they have way more than she did with Moe. She is happy, and that is all that matters. I struggle with some of the questions Emmy already has about her Tummy Mommy. I just never knew that some of the questions she has had would come up so early. I love that Emmy knows she is adopted and knows she can come to me and ask me any questions she wants to. There is no bad question or right question. As an adopted parent, I want her to know we are her Mommy and Daddy and we are giving her much more in life and more love than she can handle at times. By now I feel like I gave birth to her myself. She has become that type of part of me... without discounting Katherine. Emmy has become a child with a big heart and is very compassionate in general about life. She has great empathy for others and I was told by one of her teachers in pre-school that she is the most loving child she has ever met. With that said, oh lord.... when she gets her heart broken in whatever way someday, that is going to kill me. I am learning that children are mean to each other. Emmy just loves all people. She actually tells me that. I cannot imagine a happier child with such a great childhood. She brightens my world and keeps me alive inside. Many blessings indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment